Unbelievably I received a second Liebster Award very shortly after receiving my first! Annie from the OCD Squirrel was kind enough to nominate me. Annie is a super talented and original writer – I really love her style. Check out the post and her fantastic blog via this link: http://theocdsquirrel.wordpress.com/
For details about my first nomination, including details of what the Liebster Award is read my earlier blog post: The Liebster Award.
Questions from Annie
1. What do you like to blog about?
I like to blog about the things that interest and inspire me. First and foremost that is event and conference management, but social media, marketing and business also features!
2. What’s the story behind your blog name?
Hmmm, as it happens my blog name is currently under consideration! When I started the blog it was simply called Events Northern Ltd which is hardly inspiring! Now the long winded title is: Conference and Event Management Blog from Events Northern Ltd which is hardly catchy! The title and theme/style/layout of my blog, as well as whether to go self hosted, are some of the things I am pondering so watch this space!
3. Which blog post of yours are you most proud of?
I wrote a post entitled Social Media in 10 Minutes a Day which explains how to manage your social media presence with limited time. The post was well received and was the inspiration for a presentation at an annual business event we run. It also led to an invitation to speak at an event which generated lots of great feedback.
Other than that I felt the need to respond to the ongoing debate Are Event Management Degrees Worthwhile? which was also a well read and shared post.
4. If you could live one day over again, what would it be?
My wedding day! It was an amazing day but it all went by so quickly so I would love the chance to relive and savour it over again!
5. Tea or coffee? (cheat question: how do you like either?)
Tea earlier in the day and coffee later on usually. White, no sugar please! Or lemon and hot water would do nicely too thank you very much. I must admit though a work I am the worst person in the world when it comes to brewing up!
6. What’s the most unusual thing you’ve eaten?
Probably something from my second school french exchange. The family I stayed with were farmers and I think they struggled to feed me anything without meat in it so I got water with spaghetti in to eat every evening (no exaggeration!). It really did not justify being called soup.
7. What do you think of Nicholas Cage?
Now that you mention it he does have a certain “je ne sais quoi!” I can see the attraction (well minus the long hair and dodgy moustaches at least!). I have to admit though Annie I do not share your love (infatuation?!) with him!
8. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Phillip Schofield. When my mother was pregnant with my sister she asked the six year old me what I wanted to call her. Without hesitation I said “Phillip Schofield.” Luckily mum and dad settled for a more fitting name!
Then my affections transferred to Paul Heaton from the Beautiful South since the first time I saw them in concert at the age of 14!
9. What is your dream job?
A. Doing what I am doing now but with more time/focus on blogging, writing, teaching, speaking, marketing, social media and consulting.
B. Being one of the Dragons on Dragons Den (or simply a business angel)
C. Being a librarian
10. What’s your favourite quote from a film?
“Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get.” Forrest Gump
11. What and/or who inspires you?
I find inspiration everywhere – through people and conversations, in the media, online. Inspiration is rarely a problem, time is generally the limiting factor for me! My biggest inspiration is my husband, I love bouncing ideas around with him.
11 random facts about me
- When I was at secondary school I had 3 different jobs – paper round(s), working in a bakery from 6.30am every Saturday morning and making drinks and washing up in a residential care home (I loved talking to all the residents!)
- I have a degree in event management
- I enjoy cheerleading and street dance
- I used to have my tongue pierced
- I have worked with Mr Motivator
- I have a Jack Russell called Poppy
- I don’t know how I managed before I got my tablet (a Hudl) - I love it!
- I love snowboarding
- I am a useless cook
- I have size 8 feet
- Our dream is to live in France one day….
The blogs I nominate are:
http://www.coomarketing.co.uk/blog/ – @clairenield
Questions for the bloggers I have nominated:
- Explain your blogging journey
- What do you love most about blogging?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- In your opinion who is the best 90s band or artist?
- What makes you mad?
- Dog or cat?
- What is your main aim/ambition in life?
- What are your blogging goals?
- What is your favourite book of all time?
- Would you carry on blogging even if no-one read your posts?
- What is your favourite flower?
Don’t forget to add the link to your post in the comments below so I can have a read!